Social Skills Classes for Grades K-2
Maverick Max and Captain Cass are fearless space travelers and best friends, but when Cass introduces Max to his crew, Max shows that he has a few things to learn about making new friends. With the help of the Zoom Patrol (played by your students), Max learns that new friends should introduce themselves, share, and take turns.
K-2: Educational Objectives
- To teach students how to introduce themselves by smiling, saying hello in a calm voice, telling the other person their names and asking what their name is.
- To teach the importance of inviting a friend to play with you
- To exhibit why it's necessary to take turns and share
- To help students recognize positive ways to communicate with your friends if you're angry
- To demonstrate the importance of telling friends how you feel and apologizing if you make a mistake
Audience Size: 35 students maximum in a classroom; up to 40 students in a multi-purpose room
Running Time: 40 minutes